Monday, January 17, 2011

Personal Writing

I've always free styled my writing, whatever I had in thought at that moment I write it down, I've always been told that your free thoughts are some of your best thoughts, because you don't have to think so hard about what you want to say, and, indeed I believe it to be true. I remember in the sixth grade I had a poem to write, I sat up all night thinking about what to write, when I say nothing came to me I mean nothing what so ever. But the next day while at school I remember the teacher telling us we had ten minutes to turn in our work, at that time we had a rabbit in the classroom, all of a sudden I looked at the rabbit and automatically came up with a poem with no thought to it. The funny thing about it is I ended up being the only person in the class that got an A on that assignment.  Even though I love to free write I still have a lot of problems with my grammar. That would have to be my biggest down fall I'm working so hard to get my grammar to were it needs to be that it is ridiculous, I know I can do it but it is still a challenge everyday.


I know I'm only 25 but 6 years ago I would have never thought that I would actually be back in school, I wanted to go but just didn't know how to get there Its funny, now that I have gone back to school I don't just want to stop once I complete my associate degree I see great things for me now. At one point in my life I believed that I would be stuck in the same situation once I got much older but now I see I can do it. It seems like school has taken the place for the people that told me I was never going to be nothing or amount to anything, but going back to school has and is showing me different. I can say I'm doing good i have all A's and one B which I haven't had since the 4th grade honestly. My mom and aunt always told me "to go back to school, be better than what everybody thinks you are, work to build a better life." and school has helped me bring out my full potential.


Tina Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment